Goondiwindi Regional Council acknowledges the public has a right to be consulted about decisions that may impact on their quality of life. We will strive to ensure that a transparent, two-way communication process exists between Council and stakeholders, and that the public has sufficient information required to allow effective participation in the communication process.
Goondiwindi Regional Council
Proposed Local Government Infrastructure Plan (LGIP)
Notice is given under the Planning Act 2016 that the proposed Local Government Infrastructure Plan (LGIP) is available for public consultation.
A LGIP is a statutory planning requirement under the Planning Act 2016, which establishes a sustainable program of local, higher order infrastructure necessary to support population and employment growth, including transport, parks, water, sewerage and stormwater.
The purpose of the proposed LGIP is to:
- Integrate infrastructure planning with land use planning identified in the planning scheme;
- Provide transparency regarding a local government’s intentions for the provision of trunk infrastructure;
- Enable a local government to estimate the cost of infrastructure provision to assist its long term financial planning;
- Ensure trunk infrastructure is planned and provided in an efficient and orderly manner; and
- Provide a basis for the imposition of conditions about infrastructure on development approvals.
Public Consultation Period
The public consultation period for the proposed LGIP is from Friday, 25 May 2018 to Friday, 6 July 2018. During the public consultation period, any person may view and/or download the proposed LGIP and supporting material via Council’s website at:
www.grc.qld.gov.au and/or view and/or purchase a copy at the Council’s Customer Service Centres:
- Civic Centre, 100 Marshall Street, Goondiwindi.
- Council Chambers, 4 McLean Street, Goondiwindi.
- Inglewood, 18 Elizabeth Street.
- Texas, 46 High Street.
Anyone can make a written submission about any aspect of the proposed LGIP. A properly made submission must:
- Be in writing (including by electronic means).
- Include the full name and residential address of each person making the submission,
- Be signed by each person making the submission (unless made electronically),
- State the grounds of the submission and the facts and circumstances relied on in support of the grounds,
- Be made to Goondiwindi Regional Council, and
- Be received by Council on or before 5.00pm Friday, 6 July 2018.
Submissions can be lodged:
- By email to: email@example.com
- By post to: Goondiwindi Regional Council, Chief Executive Officer, LMB 7 Inglewood QLD 4387
- In person at Council’s Customer Service Centres
For further enquiries in relation to the proposed LGIP, please contact Council on (07) 4671 7400 during business hours.
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER