Dog Registration / Renewal 2017
Dog owners are reminded that the 2017 annual registration renewals must be paid by close of business on Friday 27 January 2017. Owners who have not re-registered their dogs by this date will be issued penalty notices as part of the annual inspection program.
If you have changed address or made changes to your contact details, please contact Council’s Customer Service area to have your records updated on 46717400.
Don't forget Council’s Customer Service Centre at 100 Marshall Street Goondiwindi is open on weekends between 9am and 1pm (Saturday and Sunday) and renewal of dog registrations can be made at the Centre or over the phone on 46717400.
Failure to renew your dog’s registration by 27 January 2017 will incur an infringement notice of $252.
The owner of a dog must register the dog with Council.
A dog over the age of 3 months must be registered.
Dog Registration Requirements
Goondiwindi Regional Council encourages responsible dog and cat ownership.
All dogs are required to be registered with Council. Failure to do so may result in fines being issued to the keeper of the animal. Cats are not required to be registered but must still be microchipped.
Guildelines for registering and microchipping dogs and microchipping cats are:
- From the 1st July 2010 microchipping is compulsory for all:
- Dogs & cats after 8 weeks old and before they reach 12 weeks of age
- Dogs & cats that are sold or given away (for any age over 8 weeks old)
- Declared dangerous and declared menacing dogs
- Dogs and cats that turn twelve weeks of age before the 1st July 2010 are exempt from microchipping unless they are sold or given away, or if they are declared a dangerous or menacing dog.
- From the 1st July 2010 all dogs 12 weeks of age or over must be registered with Council.
- A maximum of 2 dogs over the age of 3 months can be kept on an allotment in a designated town area.
- A maximum of 1 dog over the age of 3 months is allowed to be kept at a flat or unit.
- Desexing your pets is not compulsory but is recommended.