Goondiwindi Regional Council


How do I make an application?

To apply for a development proposal, submit the relevant forms from the Department of Infrastructure, Local Government and Planning's website (as below). There are many forms on the website for the various types of development approval and land use. Select the forms that are applicable to your application.

An independent consultant may be required to assist you in submitting your application.

For all development applications, you must:

  • Complete application details on IDAS Form 1.
  • Complete any other forms relevant to your application.
  • Provide any mandatory supporting information identified on the forms as being required to accompany your application.

Ensure your application is properly made

For your application to be 'properly made', you need to ensure the following is provided with your application:

  1. Provide all the necessary IDAS forms and mandatory supporting information
  2. Include Owners Consent
  3. Provide evidence of state resource entitlement (where applicable)
  4. Pay the development application fees

If the required information is not submitted then your development application will be 'not properly made' and cannot be processed by Council. A notice will be sent to you requesting the required information, in which you will have 20 business days to provide it. A request for extension of time can be made direct to Council.

Owners Consent

If the owner's signature(s) is not provided on the IDAS Form 1, you will need to attach a copy of the consent of the owner of the land to the making of a development application if the development includes making a material change of use of premises or reconfiguring a lot.