Making an Application

« Back

How do I make an application?

To apply for a development proposal, submit the relevant forms from the Department of State Development, Manufacturing, Infrastructure and Planning's website (as below).  Select and complete the forms that are applicable to your application.

Fact Sheet - How to Make an MCU Development Application

Fact Sheet - How to Make an ROL Application

An independent consultant may be required to assist you in submitting your application:


For all development applications, you must:

  • Complete DA Form 1.
  • Complete any other forms relevant to your application.
  • Provide any supporting information identified on the forms as being required to accompany your application.

Ensure your application is properly made

For your application to be 'properly made', you need to ensure the following is provided with your application:

  1. Provide all the necessary DA forms and supporting information
  2. Include Owners Consent
  3. Provide evidence of state resource entitlement (where applicable)
  4. Pay the development application fees

If the required information is not submitted then your development application will be 'not properly made' and cannot be processed by Council. A notice will be sent to you requesting the required information, in which you will have 20 business days to provide it. A request for extension of time can be made direct to Council.

Owners Consent

If the owner's details are not provided on the DA Form 1, you will need to attach a copy of the consent of the owner of the land to the development application if the development includes making a material change of use of premises or reconfiguring a lot.