Goondiwindi Transfer Facility and Landfill - Refuse Tip Road (off Kildonan Road)
Texas Transfer Station - Pump Station Road
Inglewood Landfill - Inglewood/Texas Road
Yelarbon Landfill – East of Sawmill Road, Yelarbon
Toobeah Landfill – Barwon Highway, Toobeah
Bungunya Landfill – Barwon Highway, Bungunya
Talwood Landfill – Talwood-Mungindi Road, Talwood
The Goondiwindi Waste Facility is open 7 days a week
Monday to Friday - 8:00am to 5:00pm, Saturday & Sunday - 9:30am to 5:00pm
Closed Christmas Day, New Years Day, Good Friday & on ANZAC Day from 8am to 12noon. Open all other public holidays.
All other transfer stations and landfill sites are open at all times.
Proterra Group have been contracted by Goondiwindi Regional Council to operate and manage the Goondiwindi Waste Management facility. To contact Proterra Group phone 07 4671 5701 or visit their website www.proterragroup.com.au
The drumMUSTER program is a national stewardship program set up for the safe collection and recycling of chemical containers. It aims to remove unwanted chemical containers from the waste stream and recycle the materials used to produce them. The Goondiwindi waste management facility offers a container enclosure for the drumMUSTER that has been set up for the safe collection of empty chemical containers and is managed by PROTERRA Group.
Drum Muster services are also available in all areas through an on-farm service and scheduled muster days.
There are also two (2) other drumMUSTER programs conducted in partnership with local school communities at Kioma State School & Yelarbon P & C; both partnerships benefit from the funds raised during the operation of the stewardship program.
ChemClear is a national stewardship program designed for the collection and disposal of unwanted Agvet chemicals. The Chemclear program provides a safe, effective and convenient method for the disposal of obsolete Agvet chemicals. The main objective of the program is to minimise the accumulation of unwanted Agvet chemicals held in storage which may potentially create both public health and environmental risks.
ChemClear runs its collection program every two or three years, which is supported by the GRC through the provision of collection points at the Goondiwindi waste management facility.
Tyres are absolutely prohibited from being dumped at any of the Councils' facilities. Tyres should be left with the dealers at the time of changeover. Heavy fines apply and "On the Spot Fines" may be issued.
The disposal of regulated wastes such as asbestos can be disposed of at Goondiwindi Landfill or Inglewood Landfill only by prior arrangement.
View Council's Waste Disposals Charges.
Waste disposal gate charges and how you may be charged
Council has a user pays system for waste disposal charges at our waste management facilities. The assessment of whether a load of waste is to have a commercial charge is determined by the gatehouse operator taking into account a number of things:
- Is the vehicle used in the operation of a business?
- Is the vehicle considered a large truck - i.e. not a normal domestic type vehicle?
- Is the quantity of waste being disposed of more than what is considered a normal quantity of waste produced from the normal operation of a household?
- Is there any waste that a separate fee is listed for e.g. dead animals, asbestos, and waste for special burial?
- Has the vehicle disposed of waste regularly at any of the Council facilities, thus could it be considered that the customer is producing more waste than 1 x 240L wheelie bin of general waste per week?
- Does the vehicle have a history of using a facility for the same type of waste on a very regular basis?
- Where has the waste come from?
Many waste types from a household use can be disposed of for a nil gate charge, however it is best to come prepared to pay if there is any uncertainty.
Disputing waste gate charges
If you have visited a waste management facility, have been charged for waste disposal, and believe that you should not have been charged, please put your query in writing and send it via mail, email or hand delivery to a Customer Service Centre outlining:
- your contact details
- when you were at the facility, (date and approximate time)
- which facility you used
- what waste you disposed of
- a description of the vehicle used and the registration details
- where your waste came from
- and include a copy of the disposal docket.
Your request will be investigated and a response provided.