PUBLIC NOTICE (WEBSITE)
Local Government Act 2009
Goondiwindi Regional Council
(Making of Local Law) Website Notice (No. 1) 2018
1. This notice may be cited as Goondiwindi Regional Council (Making of Local Law) Website Notice (No. 1) 2018.
Making of local law
2. Goondiwindi Regional Council (the “Council”) has, by resolution dated 27 June 2018, made Local Law No. 8 (Waste Management) 2018 (the “local law”).
Purpose and general effect
3. The purpose and general effect of the local law is to protect the public health, safety and amenity related to waste management by—
(a) regulating the storage, servicing and removal of waste; and
(b) regulating the disposal of waste at waste facilities; and
(c) ensuring that an act or omission does not result in—
(i) harm to human health or safety or personal injury; or
(ii) property damage or loss of amenity; or
4. The local law contains anti-competitive provisions.
5. Copies of the local law may be—
(a) inspected and purchased at Council’s public office and viewed by the public on the website of Council; and
(b) viewed by the public on the website of the Department of Local Government.
Chief Executive Officer