COVID-19 Council Services Update 1« Back
COVID-19 Council Services Update 1
Due to health and safety considerations surrounding COVID-19, Goondiwindi Regional Council has made the following adjustments to our service delivery:
- Texas Pool will close Saturday 21st March after the last booked commitment due to staff shortages. At this time Goondiwindi and Inglewood Pools will close as planned on Tuesday 31st March.
- Goondiwindi Cinema is having difficulty sourcing recent movies. Distributors have withheld planned new release movies. There are three confirmed new release movies in coming weeks, these will continue. The cinema will then close Sunday 29th March. Visitors during this time will be asked to follow social distancing procedures.
- The Goondiwindi Library, Visitor Information Centre and Customer Service Office at 100 Marshall Street Goondiwindi, will not be opening on weekends after Saturday 28th March.
- Private hires of the Goondiwindi Cinema and meeting rooms at the complex will cease from Thursday 9th April.
- The Goondiwindi Art Space will close at the expiration of the current display on Sunday 5th April.
Several local community assets, managed by local community groups on behalf of Council, are also following advice from the Museums & Galleries Qld and have closed effective immediately:
- Goondiwindi Customs House Museum
- Inglewood Heritage Centre and Australian Tobacco Museum
Goondiwindi Regional Council is encouraging all members of the community to take a proactive approach to proper hygiene and social distancing to help prevent the spread of the COVID-19 virus.
All residents and businesses in the region are encouraged to familiarise themselves with the latest advice about COVID-19 from the Australian Government and Queensland Health.