COVID-19 UPDATE 2« Back
Due to new guidelines announced by the Prime Minister yesterday evening, the following measures will be implemented across Council facilities and services:
- The Goondiwindi Cinema and Theatre will remain closed;
- The Goondiwindi pool closed for the 2019-2020 season at midday local time on 23 March 2020 - this decision was led by the lessee due to a decrease in patrons. The Inglewood pool will close as planned on Tuesday 31 March 2020.
The following sites will close from close of business today, 23 March 2020:
- Council’s customer service office at 4 McLean Street, Goondiwindi;
- Library services in Goondiwindi, Texas and Inglewood will close temporarily while new safety practices are put in place. More information about access to online library resources will be announced in the coming days;
- The MacIntyre Sports Centre;
- The Texas Sports Centre;
- The Gilbert Oval function room;
- The Inglewood Recreation Centre function room;
- The Texas Rabbit Works;
- The Texas Art Gallery;
- Goondiwindi and Inglewood driver reviver;
- The Texas Heritage Centre and Tobacco Museum
Although the library services will close temporarily, the customer service offices at those sites (100 Marshall Street - Goondiwindi, and Inglewood and Texas) will remain open at this stage.
This list of closures is subject to advice from Australian and Queensland governments and Council will continue to update the community as the situation progresses.
Goondiwindi Regional Council encourages residents to continue to try to support local businesses when they can, while recognising the need for a proactive approach to social distancing to help prevent the spread of the COVID-19 pandemic.
All residents and businesses in the region are encouraged to familiarise themselves with the latest advice about COVID-19 from the Australian Government and Queensland Health. For more information, visit www.australia.gov.au and www.health.qld.gov.au.