COVID-19 Update 7« Back
In line with the Queensland Government’s ‘Roadmap to Easing COVID-19 Restrictions,’ Goondiwindi Regional Council wishes to advise residents of changes to Council-managed facilities in the Goondiwindi region.
Community safety remains the focus for Council. The following changes are based on facility capacities, staff and community health, and information from the Queensland Government.
While some restrictions are easing, all users of Council-managed facilities must continue to practice good hand hygiene and social distancing. Anyone who feels unwell should stay at home and must not visit public places. Users are advised to consider the information about COVID-19 from Queensland Health in relation to their individual circumstances to determine what is safe for them.
The below information is based on current advice from the Queensland Government and is subject to change. Council will continue to notify the community of changes to its facilities.
For more information about the stages of the Roadmap to Easing Restrictions, please see www.qld.gov.au/covid-19/government-actions/roadmap-to-easing-queenslands-restrictions.
STAGE 1: Facilities to open after 15 May 2020 - public health rules apply
- All Council-managed parks, playground equipment, skate parks and outdoor gyms.
- Council’s McLean Street office will reopen to the public 9am - 5pm weekdays from Monday 18th May.
- Customers are encouraged to ring ahead and make an appointment if they require a face-to-face appointment.
- For face-to-face payments and general enquiries, visit the Goondiwindi Regional Civic Centre or Inglewood/Texas Council customer service centres.
STAGE 2: Facilities expected to open from 15 June 2020 - public health rules apply
- Goondiwindi, Inglewood and Texas libraries.
STAGE 3: Facilities expected to open from 13 July 2020 – public health rules apply
- The Goondiwindi Cinema and the Visitor Information Centres in Goondiwindi and Inglewood.
- Public bookings of Council-owned or managed community facilities.
- Art galleries.
For the full list of closures and amendments to Goondiwindi Regional Council services due to COVID-19, please visit www.grc.qld.gov.au/news-events/news/notices.