Lodge a Request« Back
Under the Right to Information Act 2009 any person has the right of access to most documents held by Goondiwindi Regional Council. Documents held by Council include paper files, microfiche, print-outs, computer records, files, visual material, and audio recordings.
Applications must be made by completing the attached application form. All applications must provide sufficient information to enable the identification of the documents requested as well as certified identification of the applicant, e.g. driver's licence, birth certificate etc. within 10 business days of lodging the application. Council will determine if the information or document requested is available under the provisions of the Right to Information Act 2009.
Applications relating to 'personal information' do not require an application fee.
You will be given notices outlining:
- That you are required to pay a charge
- What the estimated charge may be
- What the basis is for calculating the estimate
- That you can consult with the agency to amend the application in order to reduce the charge
- That you must agree in writing to pay the application charge, withdraw or request waiver of charges on the grounds of financial hardship.
Council has 25 business days in which to provide applicants with a decision regarding access for information. There are some factors that can alter this limit as per s.69 of the Act.
- Right for Access to Information application form
- Request to Amend Personal Information application form
Lodgement and Payment
Applications can be submitted in the following forms:
By post addressed to:
The Chief Executive Officer
Goondiwindi Regional Council
Locked Mail Bag 7
Inglewood Qld 4387
In person at the following address:
Goondiwindi Customer Service Centre
100 Marshall Street
Goondiwindi Qld 4390
Opening hours: 9am - 5pm
Payment can be made in the following forms:
- Cheque - crossed, marked 'not negotiable' and payable to Goondiwindi Regional Council
- EFTPOS and Credit Card payment
- Cash (do not send through mail)