Goondiwindi Region Local Government Infrastructure Plan (LGIP)
Council has prepared a Local Government Infrastructure Plan (LGIP) which was adopted by Council on 20 August 2018. The LGIP forms part of Council’s planning scheme.
The purpose of the LGIP is to:
- integrate infrastructure planning with the land use planning identified in Goondiwindi Region Planning Scheme 2018;
- provide transparency regarding Council’s intentions for the provision of trunk infrastructure for the Region;
- enable Council to estimate the cost of infrastructure provision to assist its long term financial planning;
- ensure that trunk infrastructure is planned and provided in an efficient and orderly manner; and
- provide a basis for the imposition of conditions about infrastructure on development approvals.
The LGIP identifies trunk infrastructure plans for the following five networks that provide essential services for development:
- water supply;
- public parks and land for community facilities.