Rural Fire Permits

« Back

Lighting fires on your property is regulated under the Fire and Emergency Services Act 1990 (The Act) which is the principal legislation for fire prevention and fire protection in Queensland. The Act provides the authorisation for the use of fire throughout the state.

A Permit to light fire is required for most fires throughout the year. You must obtain a Permit to Light Fire from your local Fire Warden to use fire on your land. There are significant liabilities and penalties for failing to obtain a permit or for failing to comply with permit conditions. You can find your local Fire Warden by using the Fire Warden Finder on the Rural Fire Service (RFS) website at or by contacting the local RFS Area Office.

For further information visit: