Residents and tourists can join the library free of charge and you can join at any library branch. You need to bring two current forms of identification such as driver's licence, telephone account or anything that has both name and proof of address details or if you are a rate payer and on the electoral role in our region we can confirm that in branch.
If you are under 18, a parent or guardian will need to sign up and provide two forms of identification as above.
Upon joining you will be given a library membership card. This card will enable you to borrow items from the library.
Library Membership Application Form
Due to COVID-19 closures online only membership is also available. To register for free access to ebooks, eaudiobooks, emagazines and online learning follow the steps below:
- Go to: https://qld.auroracloud.com.au/montage/Join.aspx
- Fill in the online form in Aurora Montage, including selecting which library you belong to from the drop down list.
- There are terms and conditions which you must agree to, including permission to sign up from a parent or guardian if you are under the age of 16.
- You will be assigned a barcode/ user ID and you must create a pin, to use when accessing online resources.
- A confirmation email which includes a link to the library catalogue and also information about online resources and apps for mobile devices.
- Access will be available within an hour of receiving the confirmation email.
- Once libraries re-open you can upgrade your membership to borrow physical resources by visiting the library and confirming details. You must bring photo ID and proof of address.
You can borrow up to 10 items at any time, which may include 3 DVD’s per family
Visitors, tourists and temporary members can borrow up to 4 items at any time. You can borrow and return to 66 of 100 RLQ libraries throughout Queensland.
Montage Tourist Card Information Sheet
Have a look at our free online eResources for adults and children. Perfect for travelling or on the go. You must be a member to access.
Items can be returned via the afterhours return chutes. These chutes allow you to return items when the library is closed, each of our libraries have a chute on the outside of their facility, please check with each library to confirm the location of this chute.
Once due, loaned items can be renewed once more for a further four weeks provided they have not been requested by someone else.
You can request that items currently on loan be held aside for you at a nominated branch library on their return from loan. You can also request that items located at another branch library be sent to a branch library more convenient for you to visit. *Not Available for Visitors, tourists and temporary members.
When an item becomes 7 days overdue you will be sent an overdue notice via the mail. A second notice will be sent after the items becomes 14 days overdue. If an item becomes 21 days overdue, your membership card will be blocked and cannot be used. You will receive a notice requesting the immediate return of the item or payment for the replacement of the item if it has been lost.
The block on your membership card will be removed once the item is returned or the replacement fee has been paid.
If you lose an item you have borrowed you must pay for it to be replaced. The replacement fee is the cost of the item inclusive of GST.
If you damage an item you have borrowed you must pay for the repair of the item or the replacement of the item if the damage is deemed to be irreparable, inclusive of GST.
Payment can be made at any branch library.
If the item you need is not listed in the branch library catalogue, we can attempt to borrow the item on your behalf from another library service on inter-library loan.
The use of this service is for hard to find books and textbooks. Unfortunately, Audiobooks, CD’s and DVD’s cannot be borrowed on your behalf.
If you think you have lost your library membership card, or if it has been stolen, notify your nearest branch library as soon as possible.
Replacement cards are available from all branch libraries on confirmation of identity