Tourism Event Grant« Back
Goondiwindi Regional Council plays a role in supporting events of economic benefit to the Region. Tourism events within the Region can increase visitor spending, encourage the uptake of overnight accommodation as well as facilitate partnering with local businesses to stimulate local business revenue and local employment.
The Tourism Event Grant aims to:
- Position the Region and grow its reputation as a tourism and events destination
- Maximise the economic, media and community values of tourism events
- Promote the Region as an area of preference for families, lifestyle and business opportunity
- Encourage best practice in the development and implementation of events
- Facilitate a culture that supports a vibrant events calendar within the Goondiwindi Region.
Preference will be given to events that:
- Increase visitation and length of stay from audiences outside the Region, particularly during low visitation periods
- Gain positive state-wide or national media coverage for the event, and the Region
- Stimulate the local economy through community and business partnerships and involvement
All event applications should be submitted a minimum of 6 months in advance of the event.
Applications will be assessed as they arrive.
Council has in place a Tourism Event Grant Policy to provide a platform on which decisions regarding allocation of funding is to be based.