GOONDIWINDI TOWN COMMON
Goondiwindi Town Common is currently OPEN (last updated 12 January 2022).
GOONDIWINDI NATURAL HERITAGE AND WATER PARK
Goondiwindi Natural Heritage & Water Park (Water/ Ski Park) waterways are currently OPEN (last updated 12 January 2022)
Goondiwindi Natural Heritage & Water Park (Water/ Ski Park) park, children's play area and walking tracks are currently OPEN (last updated 12 January 2022)
TEXAS SEWER RELINING
Council wishes to advise that urgent works are planned to commence relining the existing sewer system in Moore Street, Texas. Council Contractors, will begin undertaking these works, Monday, 17th January 2022 and will continue for approximately 2 - 3 weeks. In order to undertake these works, Council contractors will require access to the manholes located within private properties.
The contractors will attempt to make contact with property owners prior to entering private properties.
Map of affected area
WHEELIE BINS - INGLEWOOD
Any residents who have lost their wheelie bins during floods are asked to please contact Council in relation to having a new one delivered.
If residents currently have a wheelie bin that is not theirs, please notify Council of the bin's number so it can be returned to its owner or so the database can be updated.
For more information and to discuss your bin situation, contact Council on 07 4671 7400.
TEMPORARY CLOSURE OF BRIGALOW RESERVE
Brigalow Reserve (described as Lot 242 on MH735) is currently CLOSED to the general public to enable the restoration / rehabilitation of the area (last updated 6 October 2021).
To clarify, the reserve will remain available to travelling stock as/when required however it will be closed to the general public for recreational purposes.
Local Government Act 2009
Goondiwindi Regional Council (Making of Local Law) Website Notice (No. 1) 2021
- This notice may be cited as Goondiwindi Regional Council (Making of Local Law) Website Notice (No. 2) 2021.
Making of subordinate local law
- Goondiwindi Regional Council (the “Council”) has, by resolution dated the 24th day of November 2021, made Animal Management (Amendment) Subordinate Local Law (No. 1) 2021.
Subordinate local law amended
- The subordinate local law referred to in paragraph 2 amends Subordinate Local Law No. 2 (Animal Management) 2011.
Authorising local law
- Local Law No. 2 (Animal Management) 2011 authorises the making of Animal Management (Amendment) Subordinate Local Law (No. 1) 2021.
Purpose and general effect
- The purpose and general effect of Animal Management (Amendment) Subordinate Local Law (No. 1) 2021 is as follows:-
- to amend the circumstances when the keeping of animals is prohibited;
- to amend the circumstances when an approval is required in respect of the keeping of animals;
- to prescribe minimum standards for the keeping of animals; and
- to prescribe public places where animals are prohibited.
- A copy of the subordinate local law referred to in paragraph 2 may be—
- inspected and purchased at Council’s public office and
- viewed by the public on the website of Council; and viewed by the public on the website of the Department of Local Government.
CHANGE OF MEETING DATE
In accordance with section 277(4) of the Local Government Regulation 2012 Council advises that the January Ordinary Meeting will be held on Wednesday, 19 January 2021, commencing at 9.00am.
The meeting will take place at the Goondiwindi Council Chambers, 4 McLean Street, Goondiwindi.
All meetings are open to the public.
WATER METER REPLACEMENT
Goondiwindi Regional Council is undertaking a Water Meter Replacement program for older water meters within the regional Council area.
Council officers will be accessing properties to replace older water meters, please make sure it is easily accessible and free from obstructions.
QUEENSLAND FIRE NOTIFICATIONS
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services (QFES) manage fire bans and notifications about fires in our area. Please visit their website - https://www.ruralfire.qld.gov.au/BushfireSafety/Neighbourhood-Safer-Places/lgas/Pages/Goondiwindi-Regional-Council.aspx
The Honourable Councillor Lawrence Springborg, AM - Mayor of the Goondiwindi Regional Council will be working from Inglewood and Texas from 9am to 12.30pm on a regular basis as follows:
- Texas: Second Tuesday of the month at the Texas Cultural Centre
- Inglewood: Fourth Friday of the month at the Inglewood Civic Centre
He will also be available in Goondiwindi by appointment.
On occasion the days may change due to other commitments.
Please telephone 07 4671 7437 if you would like to make an appointment.